I am feelin' pretty special right about now! You ask why? Because Anita over at Going A Little Coastal must think my blog is A-OK! She gave me the Versatile Blogger award! You should check out her blog. As the name of her blog indicates it has a great coastal feel to it and she has beautiful pictures. I could take lessons from her on the photography.
Here is how this award works. I tell you 7 things about myself and then pass it on to 15 other versatile bloggers.
Tracy, you and your trinkets and treasures was going to be top of my list but Anita got to you first...so movin on.
1.All my life peoples first perception of me has been that I am prissy. Boy are they wrong. So I like to look nice and I like makeup, but I will get my hands dirty with the best of them. I fish, I used to ride motorcycles, like gardening, and love to build stuff with power tools. ARGH ARGH.
2. I was on my way to work one morning and was at a stop sign on my motorcycle and was hit from behind by a car doing 40 mph. Was blessed that the only major injury was a herniated disk in my neck that had to be fused. It took me out of my career but I lived to craft another day!
3. I owned my own hair salon for 20 years and was blessed that many of my customers had been with me most of that time.
4. My husband and I adopted our son when he was 15 and he is now 27. He is serving in the Navy and we are VERY proud of him!
5. Nothing makes me happier than to make my husband laugh or smile. I still think his smile is dreamy after all these years. We met in 1984, so that would be 26 years. We will celebrate out 24th wedding anniversary June 1st.
6. At one time I had 1600 gallons of salt water in our basement full of salt water fish and corals. That was one of my favorite hobbies but took too much work and money.
7. My husband has always said I missed my calling. I can do imitations of most people. I can even sing like them when a song is on but can't hold a tune on my own.
Here are 15 that I follow and enjoy! In no certain order.
Remodelaholic : There is a lot of diversity to this blog. She gives great details with her projects.
Hennessey House : She is an amazing artist and has just started up her very own Etsy shop. She cracks me up with her no nonsense attitude.
Keepin' Up With The Moody's : This young one has a lot goin' on. She is creative, bubbly and excited about blogging. Check out her tile monogram when you go to see her.
My Dear Trash : There are 2 friends that write this blog. I have been so inspired by the money that Kelly has made by thrifting and then selling on Craislist. A lot can be learned in this blog.
Nine Is Fine : Nobody knows how to find dumpster finds like this chick! When you go to check her out take a peak at her porch decor. Love it!
Funky Junk Interiors : This girl is a survivor. Read her story and then dig through her archives and see what she has done to her home....AMAZING! She is funny to boot...not fair. When you are poking around her site you have to look at her fireplace mantle
Keepin Up With The Moody's : She has not been around Blog Land long but she has been workin' on those refabbing skills for a while. When you are over there poking around, look for the fireplace mantel redo. OMG. It looks seriously old....not fake old but real old. It is hot.
Under The Table And Dreaming : This lady knows how to throw a party and she can even do great DIY projects
A Little Bit Of Bliss : Her blog is full of family and home decor projects. She made the most beautiful farm table...you have to check it out.
Now ladies....I am usually one to follow rules but I can only sit at this computer for so long and this is a long tedious project. Neck just can't take it so I am cutting it short and passing it along. Please visit these ladies blogs. You will find something to inspire you at each one. I sure have.