Saturday, May 22, 2010

I Jumped on The Cloche Wagon

Ok... I would give credit for the inspiration but I wouldn't know where to start. I think I must be the last person to transform a cheese dome into a Cloche! I used a brass candle stand and a Goodwill cheese dome. Primed the candle stand and the base to the cheese dome. After I primed I sprayed on 2 coats of ORB. Used a little silicone adhesive. This has to be one of the easiest projects yet. Low effort big pay off!

Eenie meenie miney moe...which one has to go?


Look at the curves on her...she even has nice feet!



Could you find a more simple project?

Linking to these great parties!



UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off






10 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

It looks really great with the candle holder as a base. Isn't it amazing that spray paint can make it all look like it belonged together. I hope your MIL is feeling well. Have a good weekend.

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Your cloche looks great! I love the candle holder you chose for the base it really adds. Great job!

Unknown said...

They look great! It really is an easy project. I'm posting mine sometime in the next few days.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

No, I think I'm the last! I have the lid with not base so I still need to put it together with something. Yours looks great with those fancy feet!

Get Nestled In said...

Your candle holder base is sooo curvy! Your 'cloche' has to be the prettiest one I've seen in blogland to date!! Love it!

T.Bird

Pam said...

I honestly hadn't seen this done yet where the dome was so "high"...genuis use of the pedastal candleholder. This turned out great!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Cute~I like stand you put it on. The little feet really add some class.

Katie said...

I think it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great job on you cloche!! I love making these too- they are so fun and great to decorate with!!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Your cloche is gorgeous! I love the base...simply fabulous! The detail is incredible and makes your unique! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn