Thursday, May 19, 2011

Throwin' Things Together Family Style

I get no greater pleasure than working on a project with family.

This little bench is something my brother threw together and then came to big Sis to get help with the finish. I decided to experiment with a technique I have seen in Blogville. We sprayed it red, let it dry (with a heat gun.....impatient) then rubbed it in spots with a candle then painted over it with black. When the black was dry (heat gun again) I rubbed the wax spots with steel wool after heating them with the heat gun.....Ka-Blam! That is the easiest and quickest way to get a worn look without sanding marks. What do ya think???




I had a hard time getting my lighting right....pictures were taken at night.
Cohorts in crime....I mean co-project-workers

  

1 comment:

Nikki said...

OMGoodness...I was just thinking about you last night, I know wierd :) I was gonna head over this morning, to see what you had been up to...and hewre I see you in my reader...cool! I love this! It is too cute...I need to get me a heat gun, my hairdryer is getting way to beat up being in the garage ;) I've been wanting to try this trick out too...it came out really good!