I purchased this ball at the dollar store and wanted to either put moss on it or jute. So I dug in my stash and pulled out stuff to be inspired by.
I got the urn at GW. Here is the before...HID-E-OUS hideous
I decide to go with moss. I had a bag in a bowl downstairs that I had airing out. I picked it up at the dollar store one day and it was very strong smelling.
I sprayed 3M adhesive on sections and thne mashed it into the moss. I had to hold it there for a minute for it to stick. Once the ball was covered I inspected for blue spots and filled them in with more spray and moss.
Next we move on to refabbing the urn. Dug out all the ugly....
prime and paint....
Now it is time to plop that ball on top!
Money invested...Urn: 2.00, ball 1.00 and moss 1.00
I had the paint left over from a recent project so that makes this a 4.00 project.
You gotta love that.