Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sneak Peak

I thought I would give you my one and only follower a sneak peak at what I am working on. I should be done with it in a few days if the weather will hold out. Check back and I will give you more clues along the way.


This is a simple gun cabinet I picked up off of Craigslist for ......wait for it......$20.00.
It is pine and dirty and has missing glass, but that is A-O-K cause I am gonna get creative.

The lady who I bought it from had 2 dogs outside and they were having a fit when I arrived. I went in and we headed to the basement where I first saw my treasure. It was love at first sight. It is a little rough around the edges but hey I like a challenge. I asked the nice lady if I should introduce myself to her dogs because we were going by way of the back yard to carry it to the car. No problem she says, they will not even come near me. Well....famous last words. I wasn't 3 feet out the door when one of them nipped my hand and then my rear. I was not going to let that beast stop me from taking my treasure to my car. She shooshed it off and to the car we went.
 YAY.....victorious!
It is worth the $20 and the dog snips. Can you say woman on a mission.  

P.S. I will toting dog spray on my future treasure hunts.....cause my hubby says so!

Check back for more peaks......



1 comment:

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this... I see them on CL all the time and wonder what I can do with them. Some even have frosted hunting dogs or ducks on the glass - lol!