Wednesday, March 31, 2010

OUCH THAT HURT....

I am so mad at myself. It is 70 degrees and sunny and I planned to work on the gun cabinet project, but....
I pulled out the table saw, for only the second time, and made my second cut and let the wood kick back and slam into my finger. Remember Fred Flinstone's throbbing finger in the showes beginning? That is what I am feeling now that I can breath again. The blood has stopped coming out from under the nail and I hope that I will not have to put a hole in it to relieve the pressure.
 My hubby is going to ban me from power tools unless he is home.....I just know it!


Ok.....I am just being a wimp. I am going to suck it up and go back out there and not let it beat me!
The cabinet will so be worth the dog snapping at me and the saw beaating me up.....

Update: I managed to use the saw without any further problems but......At some point in the day I was spray painting in the basement and the sun started coming in so I lowered the garage door slightly. Can you see where this is going? I was coming in with the dogs and WHAM.
I hit the door on my right on the hairline of my forehead. Dang It! That hurt too.
Lucky for me a friend called and envited us over for dinner. I told her she saved me from myself.


1 comment:

Amber said...

That looks painful! Kudos for using the saw yourself! I haven't had the guts to do that yet.