Sunday, April 11, 2010

No It's Not Cutwork Silly.....It's Spray Paint!

This is another project that my friend and I did for her daughters apartment. I know.....I wish I would have had someone to do this kind of stuff for me when I was young and on my own. I got this idea from Frugal Home Ideas

I have seen many different versions in blog land.
Here is my version. I just wanted to add a lil sumpin sumpin! You know girls...you always want to put your stamp on it. So here she is all curly and purrrrty.








I did not get photos of the process as we made it but will be making another one.
I may use it as a headboard. I will do a tutorial then or you can check out the tutorial at Frugal Home Ideas. I was asked by a girl that saw it if it was cutwork?
Spray paint baby!

If you didn't notice what the difference is .....I layered mine...well overlapped the middle one on top of the 2 outer ones. Went to Lowe's and got some cute screws and washers.

Don't you think this would make a great headboard???????

Party Links
Making
 
The Girl Creative
Sumo Sweet Stuff
Keeping It Simple 
The DIY Show Off
Get your craft on Thurs.


Show and Tell Green
UndertheTableandDreaming

20 comments:

Stef said...

Wow, yours looks fantastic!!! Great job!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Looks awesome! Great job. Have a blessed week.

Megan Gunyan said...

It would definitely make a great headboard! Need a tutorial so I can copy, copy, copy. Great work!

Unknown said...

This looks fabulous and yes, it would be a great headboard! Here form DIY!

Kaysi said...

Wow this is awesome!! It would make a great headboard!

GwendolynKay said...

Gorgeous! Yes it would make a lovely headboard.
Gwen

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I like your version a lot! It's very pretty!
Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment about my table redo. It looks like I'm actually going to get 3 projects out of that table!
take care!
gail

Shayna @ Texas Monkey said...

Great job, I did a version too a few weeks back, feel free to check it out, I love how yours came out, and the idea for a headboard is genius!

Lori said...

This is really very pretty! I love it.

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party.

Michelle said...

Great job. And...yeah, it would make a great headboard!

Unknown said...

Love this- I'd love to see the tutorial!
We have a friday fun finds party that's still going- we'd love it if you'd link up!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Tammy said...

Looks wonderful. thanks for sharing.

Stacey said...

Oh, I have been wanting to make something similar. Yours turned out fabulous. It looks great above your couch.

Lori said...

I'm featuring this at Life As Lori's Get Your Craft on Thursday party this week! If you would like to stop over and grab my I was featured button please do so!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Wow this totally looks like a cut custom piece!! Great job - Love the headboard idea!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Thanks again for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! These are so creative and super cool! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Room to Inspire said...

It looks great - I am sure she loves it. And yes, it would make a great headboard. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

Jackster15 said...

Where did you get your stencil or mat that u used to spray paint... I cant find one anywhere..

One Life Many Journeys said...

Jackster15, I got it at Lowe's. good luck!