Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wanting Validation

I am going to keep it short and sweet today so I can finish work on my gun cabinet......will it ever be done??????

I started this blog as a way to share my projects and find some validation in my life. As I mentioned in my first post, I no longer work and that is where I found my self-worth....I know....stupid! I am learning.

I have been posting away and getting really excited when I get comments and squealed when new people became followers.

Well last night we had friends over for dinner and when they left they went out through the garage so the men could check out my main squeeze's jeep. My friend and I stopped and checked out the progress on the gun cabinet. She liked it and gave me encouragement......but the real VALIDATION came from my husband! I noticed him walk our buddy RJ over to the gun cabinet. When I saw him pointing out the details of the transformation with just a wee bit....well a whole lot of pride...I melted inside. No one's recognition is as heartwarming as his. Don't get me wrong ladies....bring it on.

He comes in every day and checks out my posts and anything I am working on. I am a truly blessed woman. He rearranged the basement so I can have more room to work. I know....you didn't think such a perfect creature existed, but he does and he is all mine!

So much for short and sweet? I just can't help it when I start talking about my best friend in life! I love you Joe!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I squeal when I get comments too! :) That's great that your man is so encouraging to you!

Nikki@KreativeKnack said...

*tear* get me a tissue...so sweet!